Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cake
This is almost like cheating… The day I introduced this to my kiddos, they were shocked to smell what they thought was chocolate chip cookies – on Sunday morning – as if, somehow, eating chocolate on a Sunday was a sin!!
- 9 cups rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 3 cups milk or water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 eggs (or egg substitute)
- 1/2 to 1 cup brown sugar or Sucanat (*adjust to taste)
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, stir together all dry ingredients.
- In a Vitamix or separate bowl, blend together all liquids.
- Stir the liquids into the dry ingredients.
- Pour this into a greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan. OR my new favorite is to measure 1/2 cup into each muffin top
- Bake for 45-55 minutes for 13 x 9 or 20 minutes for muffin tops.